Accounts Payable and Payroll Associate
Accounts Payable and Payroll Associate (Ednovate Support Team)
Ednovate launched its first school, USC Hybrid High, a personalized learning high school, in 2012. Since then, Ednovate has grown to five schools in Los Angeles County and Orange County. Ednovate is committed to serving in areas where students traditionally lack access to a quality college prep education by building tuition–free, safe and high–performing public schools to neighborhoods that need it the most. Ednovate is currently planning for our next growth phase as we continue to fulfill our mission to make a positive multigenerational change within the communities we serve and in our profession.
Ednovate is expanding our Network Support Team to include a newly assembled in–house finance team. As a part of this team, we are seeking a AP/Payroll Associate who is responsible for the following duties:
- Process monthly expense reimbursements
- Perform 3 way matching process between packing lists, PO's and vendor invoices.
- Once approved, process AP invoices by posting it into the system with the appropriate coding.
- Perform weekly check runs and mailing of checks in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with network team, school staff, and vendors on resolving outstanding invoices, account balances and payment discrepancies; assist with the reconciliation of vendor statements, invoices and payments.
- Ensure that annual IRS form 1099s are prepared and submitted timely.
- Review and audit payroll time sheets accurately for all employees.
- Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime.
- Prepare all semi–monthly and special payroll runs.
- Prepare and post all payroll changes including payroll deductions, salary changes, termination, and new employee information.
- Serve as point of contact for any payroll related inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize and maintain files related to AP and Payroll.
- Assist with audit requests.
This position will be a critical part of the Ednovate Support Team, working closely with school leaders, our Operations Team, and other stakeholders in our network. This position will report to the Controller and will be based out of the Ednovate Support Team office in Downtown Los Angeles, post COVID–19.
- High School diploma or Associate degree, Bachelor's degree a plus
- 2+ years of accounts payable and payroll experience
- Prior experience with Sage Intacct is preferred
- Computer savvy with working knowledge of relevant payroll software preferred
- Proficient level in using MS Excel
- Have a track record of managing multiple priorities with a demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent critical thinking, problem–solving skills and superior attention to detail with accuracy
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituents
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our Accounts Payable and Payroll department succeed
- Brings joy to the workplace
- A history of high achievement and results
- Impressive work ethic ("good isn't good enough")
- A clear passion for Ednovate's Mission
- Obsessive attention to detail with accuracy
- Serviced–focused mentality
Interested candidates should begin the process by submitting an application through Ednovate's website at
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a competitive benefits package.
Statement of Non–Discrimination
Ednovate is strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff, and we encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.