Finance Business Partner- Housing Association
Housing Finance business partners are central to the Finance Department function, in ensuring financial and policy outcomes are managed with Value For Money and Housing Regulation compliance as paramount consideration. This is a great opportunity to grow with the organisation and build relationships with the Development Team.
In addition to supporting specific business areas, Housing Finance Business Partners work flexibly across the wider teams, responding to new pressures as they arise (for example supporting the implementation of a new team, project, or operational change).
Leading Housing Association in Cheshire. This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation with a focus on delivering a high service to the local community.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide clear, relevant advice to support effective decision making in specific business areas for which you will be responsible;
- Build strong and productive relationships with teams to ensure you become a trusted advisor and challenge is welcomed;
- Act as a key liaison between finance and teams;
- Support the team in providing relevant and timely ad hoc analysis to senior management, enabling them to manage their department strategically;
- Build capability across to ensure good financial management and enhancing value for money;
- Ensure that risk management, internal control and governance procedures are followed and act as the first line of defence for financial management; and,
- Understand the financial profile, challenges and external environment for the areas that you are responsible for, helping to accurately manage its financial position.
- Be team players, helping colleagues through busy periods or difficult issues;
- Coach and train managers and staff on budget management and financial queries
Collaborating & Partnering
- Establish relationships with a range of stakeholders to support delivery of business outcomes and encourage collaborative team working within finance
- Seek constructive outcomes in discussions, challenge assumptions but remain willing to compromise when it is beneficial to progress
Seeing the Big Picture
- Be alert to emerging issues and trends within the Housing industry that might impact on the team and the wider work, alongside the detail, demonstrating an ability to work and think strategically.
- Understand the Housing context and wider governance to ensure that financial advice and challenge is appropriate.
- Oversee and supervise Finance Analyst work to support the team
- Development of the Finance Analyst
- Provide mentoring and support
- Ensure that ongoing Appraisals and Training requirements are met
- Ensure priority workloads are managed and agreed
- Manages recruitment, induction, performance management, attendance management and skills development for their direct reports
Delivering Value for Money
- Able to assist to deliver its Business Plan and Corporate strategy with financial requirements and achieve efficient, cost-effective outcomes.
- Adept at analysing and improving business cases in line with VfM and Housing policy.
- Set up processes that are efficient and effective from management and tenant perspective
The idea candidate will be qualified with detailed business partnering experience.
Ideally with experience of investment appraisals and business plans.
Ideally with experience of partnering with development directors or non financial stakeholders
14.4% pension and generous holidays
Working from home ability