Chief Accountant - Local Finance Manager - Industry
Within the industrial company the Chief Accountant will be responsible for the supervision of the accounting as well as its coordination with the shared service center.
The scope includes more than 30 sites in Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg.
The company has activities in different sectors such as construction, food, chemicals and pharmaceutical with a great focus in climate change & energy transition.
Based between Liege and Brussels, the responsibilities of the Chief Accountant will revolve mainly around GL Accounting and taxation.
- Coordinating and supervising of the accounting activities in collaboration with the European teams (and the shared service center in Portugal)
- Ensuring the good compliance and application of the local regulations (accounting & tax)
- Managing the financial reporting, the statutory accounts & tax returns
- Managing, challenging & improving the current processes & practices in place
- Liaising with the business on sales & operations from a financial point of view
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders (business managers, audits, …)
As Chief Accountant you will manage the financial team and therefore be present on different sites. You will coordinate the accounting activities and work closely with the business.
These implies that will show a certain set of hard and soft skills:
- Master's degree in Finance or Business
- As from 5 years of experience in an industrial environment at a high-level accounting position
- Excellent command of French & English (written and spoken)
- Experience in SAP - IT minded
- You have excellent communication skills and can work in close collaboration with different teams
- You are proactive and solution oriented
- You are rigorous, able to have a detail approach as well as having a more helicopter view over the businesses
The industrial international company offers a dynamic and respectful environment to work in.
They are forward-looking and implicated in the environment challenges of today.
They also offer a competitive salary package.