We are recruiting for a part qualified/qualified or finalist Audit and Accounts Semi Senior/Senior to work within our Birmingham office, to assist the partners, associate partners and managers in the delivery of statutory audit and accounts preparation services, and to manage and allocate work to audit and accounts trainees.
Due to growth within the Birmingham Office we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
In return the role is offering a competitive salary with huge career progression within the firm and great benefits package.
- Experience of OMB/SME private company audits: planning, budget preparation, identifying key risks, developing an audit plan, executing the audit on site
- Knowledge of and experience of current auditing standards and approaches: analytical review, documenting systems and controls, sampling techniques
- Experience preparing audit and accounts files using an electronic working paper systems
- Significant prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under UK GAAP
- Experience of preparing and auditing consolidated accounts and component auditor issues
- Leadership experience -experience supervising teams on-site and reviewing their work
- Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget
Experience (Semi Senior)
- Prepare analyses and make postings using the firm's accounting software;
- Produce draft financial statements for Limited Companies using the firm's accounting software;
- Produce draft tax computations for Limited Companies using the firm's accounting software;
- Assist more senior members of the team as required;
- Preparation of management accounts
- Carry out internal control, system and walkthrough tests;
- Attend stock stakes;
- Carry out basic audit tests as part of a team in relation to other statutory or non-statutory audits;
- Other duties within the office as and when required;
- ACA/ACCA qualified/part qualified or AAT qualified
The Audit and Accounts Semi-senior/Senior will have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- A strong interest in owner managed businesses and general commercial awareness
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Courteous and professional
If you are keen to secure a progressive role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great career progression, please apply today to find out more.
Apply for Audit Senior/Semi-Senior
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly