Tax Senior - Birmingham
We are recruiting for a Mixed Tax Senior to work within our Birmingham office. This mixed tax (corporate and personal) role will be reporting to the Tax Partner and Senior Manager to deliver tax compliance and advisory to the existing client base and help develop the tax service line for the practice. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client's behalf.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Tax Senior role is offering a competitive salary, study support, a great career path to progress within the firm and great benefits package.
The Tax Senior duties will be:
- Preparation and review personal tax return computations
- Review corporation tax returns
- Maintenance of registers and monitoring of deadlines
- Advising clients of tax liabilities in a timely manner
- Providing support on planning projects and researching technical issues
- Responding to client queries
- Liaising with HMRC
- Professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealing with clients and other professionals.
The Tax Senior experience will be:
- Previous mixed tax experience gained in a practice environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Efficient and organised approach to work
- Good IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Has a friendly, positive can-do attitude
- Likes to work as part of a team
- Manages own workload and is proactive if help or support is needed
- Able to juggle a number of jobs whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines are met
- At least ATT qualified
If you are keen to secure a Tax Senior role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great start to your career, please apply today to find out more.
We're a busy team providing services to our clients and everyone is required to chip in and help out with other tasks and duties, as required. Due to the evolving nature of our business, job descriptions will periodically be reviewed. This could lead to minor amendments of which are considered reasonable in the delivery of your role.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.