Overview of the Job
Accounts Trainee will be expected to report to Account Managers where the job role will comprise of working in the liaison with the Accounts Team. Training will be facilitated in regards to the preparation of accounts & taxes with appropriate Accounting Software used within the firm.
As an ACCA Approved Employer, we are currently looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic individual to join our accountants’ team. We have high standards and are looking for candidates with excellent academic background and aspires to become chartered certified accountants.
Job Description / Key responsibilities:
We offer challenging career opportunities to Accounts Trainees which include study support and the opportunity to work on a variety of businesses. Makesworth has a unique client base which makes it possible for our employees to have exposure to a wide range of industries.
Trainees will be expected to work in all the aspects of accounting including but not limited to bookkeeping, taxation, vat, payroll & account preparation.
- Maintenance of the database and manual records for all our clients
- Process client VAT data with the preparation of VAT Returns
- Preparation of bookkeeping and management accounts for small and medium businesses.
- Accounts preparation with other financial statements
- Computation of personal and corporation returns
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with basic client queries
- Liaising with the clients verbally and in writing i.e. emails and letters
- Managing your own workflow
- Gaining an understanding of various accounting software including QuickBooks, Xero, and FreeAgent
- Completing reconciliations for bank accounts, purchases, and sales ledger.
- Preparing PAYE and VAT reconciliations.
- Working as part of a team
- Administration and other ad hoc tasks as required
Key skills and attributes:
- Ambitious and aspire to become a qualified Chartered Accountants
- Excellent communication skills are required to liaise and engage with clients as we are involved in people-focused business
- Flexible and can-do attitude
- Competent IT and numerical skills
- Reliable with an organized approach to work and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure with attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Can demonstrate qualities such as problem-solving skills and become a team player
- Competitive Salary and study support package.
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Agile working environment
- Extensive learning & development opportunities
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV and cover letter.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and work within a supportive environment, where you can grow and progress. The candidate must have the right to live and work in the UK.