Senior Accountant / Accounts Senior
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Senior Accountant within Makesworth Accountants. The maintenance of high-quality standards with client satisfaction has always been our priority.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be expected to report to Partners where the job role will comprise of working in the liaison with the Account Managers & the team. The position will also involve delivering the first-class service in the preparation of clients' Statutory Accounts & Taxes with personal and corporation returns. You will need to supervise the Account Managers & team in liaison with the Partner and review their works accordingly.
Job Description / Key responsibilities:
- Supervising the team in the maintenance of the client’s portfolio and database
- Assisting Accounts Managers with their portfolio of clients
- Assisting Partner and Management in team development
- Assisting Partner and Management in system development
- Handling a portfolio of complex clients and provide excellent services
- Preparation of high level statutory & management accounts for clients
- Preparation of personal and corporation returns
- Liaising with the clients, teams, and HMRC alike
- Responding to client queries and ensuring full confidentiality, transparency, and exceeding expectations whenever possible for the clients
- Maintaining and developing strong client relationships
Key skills and attributes:
- Qualified ACA / ACCA with extensive experience in a practice environment
- Strong academic background with knowledge in Statutory Accounts & Tax preparation
- Experience in Accountancy software such as QuickBooks, Xero, Free Agent, Sage, VT Transaction & MS Office
- Have great attention to detail with commercial awareness
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working to deadlines
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Competitive Salary and benefits package.
- 20 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Agile working environment
- Extensive learning & development opportunities
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV and cover letter.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and work within a supportive environment, where you can grow and progress. We can also accept applications from suitable candidates that require sponsorship.