Senior Analyst - Client Valuation Reporting (Endowment)
Under general supervision (but works independently most of the time) responsible for processing and handling transactions for the Financial Reporting group with the Client Accounting Practice (CAP). CAP is a team of global service financial professionals that has operational capabilities in all locations. CAP encompasses Valuation Reporting and Unitized Valuation and Reporting Service and is comprised of partners who support Northern Trust business in conjunction with our global network of operational partners.
- Ensure appropriate books and records are maintained for all client investment portfolios by applying the proper accounting guidance.
- Maintain accurate tax book of record for investment activity including fixed income, equity and a variety of other types of securities.
- Review and analyze investment activity for client portfolios and perform cash and holdings reconciliations.
- Monitor interfaces between custody systems and accounting system to ensure that transaction data is captured as accurate and efficiently as possible.
- Maintain client books and records including production of P&L and other client related reporting.
- Work closely with various Operational and Client Servicing groups.
- Maintain documentation for appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the team/divisions goals for accuracy and timeliness are maintained.
- Escalates relevant and critical issues to management and all required partner areas in a timely manner.
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact.
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management.
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees.
- May manage daily operational activities and supervise day-to-day work of junior level employees (but not a formal management role).
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision.
- General working knowledge of fixed income and equity securities’ processing on an investment accounting system as it relates to booking activity for accruals, income payments, corporate actions, and other maintenance transactions.
- Analytical skills and organizational skills are required to research and resolve inquiries within scheduled timeframes to meet client deadlines.
- Ability to absorb information quickly, work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy is critical.
- Experience using General Ledger accounting system; (i.e. SAP).
- Experience in the preparation and review of standard financial statements (Preferred).
- General understanding of derivatives and foreign assets. (Preferred).
- A College or University degree in accounting or accounting preferred (CPA preferred)
- Relevant Client Account work experience for a financial services company or service organization.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.