Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Accounting & Payroll (AS) - Psychometrician - Doha
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Financial Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised accounting services based on their in house needs and current International Financial Reporting Standards (International Financial Reporting Standards) guidelines. You’ll work with our team to provide specialist advice and training in areas such as financial instruments, business combinations, pensions and share schemes, listings, corporate treasury, company secretarial and corporate governance.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
We are looking for a Psychometrician who should:
- Have the necessary knowledge and skills of the whole examination development process.
- Conduct item and test analysis, standard setting, item bank design and analysis, and other psychometric activities.
- Plan and conducts original research related to testing.
- Work closely with the Content Development teams, and other testing services staff
- Perform various tasks as appropriate to ensure the production of quality tests.
- Ensure the validity and reliability of all exams developed by different programs in QMSB
- Establishing foundations of assessments: Recommends test production process design, Leads standard setting activities, establishes quality assurance program, recommends examination and statistical software packages etc.
- Initial project planning and assisting PESCs: Perform initial psychometric program review. Develop a plan that ensures that examination services comply with best practices and QMSB standards for security, validity, reliability, fairness and defensibility.
- Data management: Manipulates and validates exam related data before and after test administration.
- Scoring: Develops and/or assists in developing test scoring schemes.
- Test and item analysis: Analyses test and item-level results using appropriate methods and provide comprehensive reports to different stakeholders.
- Item bank maintenance: Works with content development teams to ensure that item pools meet the needs of the different programs and the standards of QMSB.
- Quality control: Ensures accuracy of tests and test analyses.
- Technical documentation: Produces technical documentation related to items, tests and program performance. Produces periodic reports including tables and figures related to program performance.
- Test design, generation:Develops an appropriate test design including mode of administration, test specifications, and pre-test strategy.
- Internal Communication: Work with members of the examination committee, written examination and program examination subcommittees.
- Support Software Procurement and Development: Work with the technology team to define technical specifications for software if needed in the initial stages. Training and Professional Development: participate in internal training and individual development of technical skills.
- Research: Identifies research components of different programs. Develop research proposals; design and implement research projects.
Education and Experience:
- Masters (Preferable PhD) in Psychometrics, Quantitative Psychology, Educational Measurement, or related fields.
- Minimum field experience of 3 years (preferably 5) with experience in applied test development, including analysis, and reporting of large-scale examinations.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Plan and facilitate standard setting.
- Ability to summarize complex technical information and communicate it, verbally or in writing, to a variety of stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable in computer-based test construction and development.
- Knowledgeable in database and item-banking.
- Familiarity with examination management and statistical software package(s).
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Creativity and innovative thinking.
- Familiarity with research literature, participation in research studies.
- Strong internet and computer skills.
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.