Team Leader, 3rd Party Risk Management
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Leads a small team that oversees the review, interpretation, and dissemination of current and proposed laws and regulations. Provides consultation and advice to partners regarding risk avoidance and compliance. Establishes business development strategies to minimize risk and assure compliance with relevant laws and legislation.
- Reviews, disseminates, and interprets laws and regulations and works to proactively establish and document related policies, procedures and standards
- Verifies that activities meet federal, state and/or local legal and regulatory requirements and regulations and monitors outcomes/risk levels for the organization or assigned area.
- Consults with partners regarding more complex daily decisions that could pose risk and conflict with existing policy, and assist with client negotiations of new and existing business on various complex issues that may conflict with bank policies and procedures
- Communicates and provides risk avoidance advice and requirements to managers and appropriate personnel
- Identifies situations which pose significant risk and guides management in developing policies and/or procedures that minimize risk. 6. Interacts with regulators, internal and external auditors on regulatory topics
- Provides direction and training to more junior staff.
- Serves on internal and external groups to provide and receive advice on industry trends
- May lead projects and/or assist and train more junior-level staff.
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
- At least 5 years of risk management or compliance experience.
- Knowledge of risk management and strategic goals for the bank's business.
- In depth knowledge of regulations, federal, state, and local laws and regulations acquired through formal education and work experience is required. Strong communication and analytical skills are necessary to consult with partners/clients, and analyze information and apply regulations.
- At least 2 years of people management experience
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.