We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Site Controlling, Reporting & Planning
- Responsible for overall site controlling tasks - financial planning and controlling consisting of reporting, forecasting, operational planning, preparations of financial/management accounts/analysis to ensure compliances & support the business decision making
- Achieve a high level of transparency of cost development & secure management understanding of business reasons behind financial results
- Achieve efficient cost planning (budgeting & forecast)
- Responsible for actual performance & KPI monitoring to ensure effective cost management
- Support controlling projects
Functional Tasks (Inclusive but not limited):
- Preparation of financial/management accounting, reporting and analysis
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators & proactively drive for cost excellence
- Regularly monitor site performance developments and provide internal financial advice to business partners
- Support the preparation and maintenance of the books in accordance with corporate accepted accounting principles
- Support site CAPEX (Small investment or potential regional/global project)
- Manage annual small investment planning & support regional / global investment
- Analyze small investment cost development, CAPEX and budget controlling
- Setup and on-going support to Project Application and closing
- Provide interpretive assistance as to a proper capitalization /expensing of outlays and grouping of fixed assets by class as well as depreciation methodologies/policies
- Responsible for product costing topics including ad-hoc request, e.g. PUP, Process Orders, Cost Estimation Run
- Investigate material price fluctuations
- Analyze price differences and advise for corrective measures
- Responsible to oversee cost center accounting & profitability analysis for the site organization
- Regular review & update cost center information
- Manage month/year end closing issues & ensure timely cost booking to the accurate cost objects and elements
- Review and timely update of cost allocation drivers
- Responsible for controlling & performance management services
- Initiate and coordinate site services charging related activities e.g. SLA preparation & billing
- Support stakeholders on finance related topics, e.g. GR/IR difference, verifying customer/vendor information, unidentified cash-flow items & etc.
- To contribute the implementation of payment policies, including authorization of payment and workflow to ensure expenditures are paid duly and charged to the appropriate accounts
- Business partnering to understand business, site operations needs and requirements
- To support planning and budgeting activities. Manage and control costs and expenses in line with the budget
- To support periodic activities forecasting activities of monthly and/or quarterly and annual forecasting activities in site organization, such as year-end or rolling forecasts consisting of development of P&Ls and working capital and collaborate with business partners to ensure realistic forecast in place
- To assist the manager in dealing with internal and external auditors, tax advisors and relevant authorities in order to understand and ensure F&A policies/procedures/practices fully meet the relevant requirements
- To support coordination of the annual audit and prepare the company’s comprehensive Annual Financial Report to the Board of Directors.
- Proactive risks tracking and ad-hoc analysis into various business area to identify improvement and business opportunities that adding value to BASF
- Ensure compliant to CSA/SCA processes in the region/country/company
- To support CSA/SCA/SLA relevant user activities in the region, when necessary
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to enhance processes and tools
- Role as variant BASF application gate keeper on site, e.g. SAP access rights, BW access rights such as COINS (Cost Consolidated Reporting and Analysis), MARIS, OCEAN, CARAT, SCII, etc
- To perform other duties as and when delegated
- To support and participate in compliance audits, when necessary
- To ensure all documentations and processes are updated and compliant
- To enforce compliance to BASF guidelines and policies, Financial Reporting Compliance requirements, local regulation and statutory requirements
- To support and collaborate with Business Reporting team members to deliver services within agreed service levels
- To support and collaborate across teams on continuous improvement of end to end business process areas, system and tools, when necessary
- To ensure services in accordance with the service level agreement by providing a timely and accurate service
- To monito KPIs to ensure continues improvement in operations and service to business partners
- To ensure proper and consumable documentation of knowledge
- To ensure effective knowledge transfer & sharing as for a sustainable development of knowledge within the team
- To conduct regular virtual team meetings and individual meetings when required
- Assist Manager in assigned tasks
- Provide guidance and support to Business Reporting team members when needed
- Establish good interpersonal relationship by collaborating with Business Reporting members to identify improvement potentials, recommend and support in implementing
- To contribute and support team strategic plan and objectives
- University degree or similar in Finance, Accounting, Controlling, Economics or Business Administration; and/or
- Chartered or Certified Professional Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Finance and/or Controlling and/or Management Accounting
- Experience in handling large database
- Experience in reputed multinational corporations will be an advantage
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Experience working with SAP BW applications, MS Office & SAP FI/CO is preferred
- Good knowledge and understanding of budgeting, planning, reporting processes, IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), Controlling methods
- Proficiency in English and other languages required with good communication and interpersonal skill are important to develop and establish business partnering
- Good analytical skill and problem-solving thinking
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.