Fund Accountant Senior Officer - Guernsey
For our successful, growing Guernsey office, we are currently looking for a FUND ACCOUNTANT, SENIOR OFFICER. We offer a dynamic and international corporate atmosphere, as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
As a Senior Officer, you will be responsible for the financial information of a small portfolio of fund clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. The portfolio is likely to comprise a combination of closed-ended private equity, real estate and debt funds.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acting as the main accounting point of contact for your clients;
- Taking part in the setup of alternative investment funds and other unregulated vehicles, and liaising with the client, auditors, independent tax specialists, lawyers, and other third parties;
- Maintain the financial records on our specialist fund accounting systems;
- Prepare investment capital accounts, management accounts, regulatory reports and financial statements.;
- Coordinating audits and reviewing any other related reports as part of the accounting and reporting process;
- Coordinate and respond to investor queries requiring financial information;
- Work with the fund administration team to prepare capital call and distribution notices;
- Participate in board meetings and shareholders' meetings where financial reporting matters are considered;
- Be an important link between management and junior staff, responsible for and knowledgeable about the quality of the work that is carried out; and
- Review work produced for submission to senior level staff.
- You will be eager to join a growing team, which has already established itself as the 5th largest independent fund administrator in Guernsey by assets under administration;
- You will be part-qualified or recently qualified Accountant with a good technical understanding of IFRS;
- You will be eager to further develop your technical and industry knowledge through further training opportunities;
- You will have 3 or more years of relevant experience in the fields of alternative investment fund accounting, audit or fiduciary services;
- You will be passionate for delivering high standards of client service, possess a team spirit and have the capacity to build strong client relationships;
- You will be ambitious and a good communicator, with a high level of energy and commitment;
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and meet a range of deadlines; and
- You will have high level of IT literacy.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.