Manager- IT Risk Assurance UKI
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The digital evolution continues to transform the IT risk profile at pace. Organizations need to continue to ensure they understand and respond appropriately to the new risks by introducing robust internal control frameworks.
In response to this, we are looking for high-performing, innovative and enthusiastic candidates to join our growing team of IT Risk Assurance professionals who are building a better working world by helping global organisations to identify, understand and respond to the current and emerging IT risks.
Successful candidates will join the IT Risk Assurance at EY. Our focus areas include IT General controls reviews as part of financial audits, ISO 27001 audits, Third Party controls reporting and wide range of framework specific controls assurance (SOx, Japanese Sox, ITIL etc). There will be opportunities to work across the focus areas within the wider team.
Your key responsibilities:
This role will place you at the heart of a high-energy, agile team that is committed to helping clients navigate the ever-changing IT risk landscape . This opportunity will enable you to work with leading organisations to deliver better outcomes on some of the world’s most pressing technology risk issues. You will interact with EY colleagues globally and work across our different sectors and business activities.
EY is looking for Managers to help clients understand and respond to IT risks to the extent they impact business processes and key reporting. Key service areas include:
- IT General controls reviews
- Application controls testing
- Report design and operation testing
- Third party reporting (ISAE3402,SOC1 and SOC2)
- ISO27001 audits
- Cyber assessments as part of the financial audit
- Controls remediation support
- Internal controls implementation support
Skills and attributes for success:
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping clients to understand their IT risks and develop / recommend appropriate controls. Passionate about technology and emerging trends. Growth mindset , willing to consciously develop and support others in their growth journey. Interest in mentoring and developing junior staff.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in business, IT or accounting qualification.
- At least 7 years’ experience working in an IT audit role.
- Experience in the following areas:
- IT Fundamentals – logical security, change management, system development and service management
- Database and operation systems e.g. Oracle, Windows, mainframe
- Knowledge of common IT standards such as COSO and COBIT
- Shown an on-going commitment to your personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
- Ability to maintain a strong client focus across multiple client engagement teams, sharing responsibility, providing support and coaching to junior team members, developing relationships, and maintaining communication with senior team members.
- Ability to effectively manage the IT Audit process with appropriate consideration of key IT risk issues and technology specific matters.
- Ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients’ sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Ability to support the Business Development activities including identifying additional sales opportunities.
- Ability and experience performing IT assurance engagement in compliance with auditing standards (SOC1/SOC2/ ISAE3402 /ISAE30001).
- Ability to identify IT control gaps and articulate the IT technical issues in a manner that will be understandable for senior stakeholders
- Ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to new projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team and environment.
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g.CISA, CISM, CISSP, ISO27001 Lead Auditor) is considered an advantage.
- Relevant work experience. Prior IT audit experience, or industry experience is an advantage.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.