Singapore and South East Asia Tax Specialist #177808
Your field of responsibility
Your primary areas of responsibilities will include:
Goods and Services Taxes (“GST”) and other Indirect Taxes:
- Seek to assist with the Singapore GST return preparation process, which includes the review of GST calculations prepared by our offshore Tax team and submission of the GST returns for entities covered.
- Assist in managing the GST Assisted Compliance Assurance Process (ACAP) including coordinating with tax advisors, internal business partners and processing teams
- Participating in the continuous improvement process in relation to GST compliance and other indirect tax related processes.
- Addressing routine GST queries
- Management of enquiries from the local tax authorities into the GST and indirect tax affairs of entities in Singapore and SEA, including coordination with Finance and external advisors
- Provide oversight in relation to other indirect tax obligations (e.g. withholding taxes, stamp duties, etc.) of Credit Suisse in Singapore and SEA, in order to ensure indirect tax obligations are materially satisfied.
Management of and assistance with Corporate Income Taxes & Tax Accounting:
- Assisting with the corporate tax compliance process in Singapore, which includes preparing returns as well as liaising with the offshore Tax team who assist with the process.
- Management of corporate tax compliance processes in other SEA locations for which country management responsibilities are assigned, which includes review of annual corporate tax returns prepared by Finance teams and liaising with external corporate tax compliance providers to ensure the accuracy and completeness of tax returns to be submitted and corporate tax payments.
- Assisting with the monthly corporate tax accounting process for entities in Singapore and SEA assigned to the candidate, and liaising with Finance and within the tax department to ensure tax accounting processes are efficient and effective and have sufficient governance.
- Managing the relationship with the local tax authorities, including enquiries into the corporate tax affairs of the entities under their remit, including coordination with Finance and external advisors, and driving resolution of tax issues.
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation as required with assistance from the transfer pricing team, and assisting the transfer pricing team to implement global transfer pricing strategies.
- Monitoring and dissemination of changes to local tax legislation or practice to Asia Pacific/Global Tax Departments and interested business- units.
Corporate Tax Planning & Advisory:
- Advising business-units across all business-lines located in Singapore and SEA on the tax consequences of their business strategies, as well as provision of tax advice in relation to corporate related initiatives.
- Coordinating with the Global Tax department to ascertain the international tax consequences of inbound and outbound investment to and from Singapore and SEA.
- Coordinate with the New Business Department to advice on the tax consequences of new products, business-lines and entities, including advising the business on implementation of guidelines and/or processes to meet tax related requirements.
- Participation in the development and implementation of the corporate tax planning strategy.
- Management and resolution of issues arising from tax related reputational risk reviews.
MAS Incentive returns and filing:
- Assisting with the preparation of various MAS Financial Sector Incentive (“FSI”) returns and filing obligations.
- Coordinating with Regional Management in relation to inquiries into MAS FSI returns.
Governance and controls
Implementation of the CS Tax Risk Control Framework as part of BAU activities including:
- Reporting of and managing of APAC Tax governance and control matters
- Reporting of tax matters to Tax Country Manager and APAC Head of Tax where necessary
- Operational Risk reporting;
- Representing CS to various representative bodies, tax authorities and regulators, and lobbying to effect favorable law changes.
- Providing technical advice and support to Human Resources as required in implementing compensation plans, with a focus on corporate tax and tax accounting impact of proposed plans.
Your future colleagues
You will work with the Singapore & South East Asia tax team within the broader APAC Regional Tax team. This team undertakes tax country management for Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and the Philippines. As well as within the Singapore team, the previous incumbent was also responsible for Malaysia.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values
Your skills and experience
You are expected to possess the below:
- Experience in income-tax, GST compliance matters and front office tax support for Banking institutions with proficiency in South East Asia tax matters would be an advantage
- Experience of 8 to 15 years in similar roles in the Big 4 or industry
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook, outstanding problem solving skills, a team-player and can work in collaboration with internal business and corporate functions
- Outstanding interpersonal ability and can build positive relationships with business partners
- Can balance multiple tasks and can thrive under-pressure
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.