A great opportunity to join the Group Finance team and have a direct input into the preparation, content and shape of the Annual Report and Accounts for a FTSE 100 business.
About the role:
Working within the Group finance team the Financial Accountant will work closely with the Senior Finance Manager to deliver high quality financial reporting to the City, play a key role in managing the external audit and have the opportunity to work across a broad range of financial reporting.
Technically strong with a keen interest in working on some of the most complex aspects of our financial reporting framework, including lease accounting, financial instruments and share based payments, you will help the Group in the delivery of high quality half year and full year results.
You will also have responsibility for overseeing the coordination of our financial reporting and compliance aspects of our subsidiary companies. This will include preparation of statutory accounts and coordination with local advisors and auditors.
- A qualified accountant with strong technical skills and a good grasp of International Accounting Standards and best practice financial reporting. Experience of interpreting and applying International Financial Reporting (IFRS and also FRS 101 in local accounts) is required
- Particular experience accounting for leases, financial instruments and consolidated accounts beneficial.
- Experience preparing statutory accounts under FRS 101
- Experience of working within a Sarbanes Oxley environment beneficial
- You will have a keen interest in developing your awareness of financial reporting in a Plc environment.
- You are organised and can manage and prioritise a wide range of tasks.
- A great communicator, you will build excellent relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external.
- You have excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver accurate work within challenging deadlines.
- You thrive in a fast paced, busy environment.
- Approachable and at your best in a team environment but able to work by yourself where required.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes 27th Jun 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.