Joining an established and friendly team of finance professionals this is an accounts focused role. Duties will include preparation of accounts and corporation tax along with management of junior members of staff.
My client is a firm of Chartered Accountants based in Manchester who work with clients from a wide range of sectors. Services they offer include accounting, audit, corporate finance, forensic accounting and more.
- Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager
- Prepare and work on a wide range of accounts - Limited Company, Sole Trader, Partnership and Groups
- Dealing with a varied client portfolio including OMBs, advertising, retail, construction, contractors.
- Calculate accruals and prepayments and supporting schedules
- Prepare and check fixed asset registers Preparation of corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns.
- Developing relationships with clients with a view to becoming their primary point of contact for any initial accounts, tax or VAT queries
- Attend client meetings and liaise with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Effectively manage time to ensure work is completed within agreed time and budget
- Team management, identifying any training needs and providing guidance to junior team members ensuring cohesion amongst the close-knit team
- At least 3+ years' experience in a practice environment in a similar role capacity
- ACA/ACCA qualified or very late stage study (1-2 exams remaining)
- Current knowledge of statutory accounting, corporation/personal tax and VAT
- Excellent communication skills and adept and developing and maintaining strong working relationships
- Highly proficient in the use of accounting software such as IRIS, XERO, Quickbooks, Sage 50 and Free Agent
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to work for a growing firm and where there is real progression opportunities to senior manager.
Please apply now if your skills and experience meet the necessary criteria and we will be in contact.