Finance Business Support Professional
7 days left
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Why apply for this role?
The Finance Business Partner team professionals are the business units key contact to understanding their financial position, cost drivers and opportunities. Liaising with the business to generate a full and accurate budgetary position, providing analysis on movements from this in the actual position, and recommendations in how to enhance any position. The business partner also acts as the business key contact to understanding finance and cost process, ensuring compliance, and delivering the best business results.
You'll support the lead Finance Business Partner of the Central Functions within Chief Operating Office (COO) directorate helping to gather data insights to the business unit, partnering with the wider COO Finance Business Partner to understand any horizontal cost impact. You'll also help on delivery of other Organisation and Cost projects and initiatives.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the configuration of the central BU Annual Budget
- Reviewing costs as part of month end processes, investigating variances, responding to colleague queries and posting adjustments as required
- Performing regular or ad-hoc analysis to fully understand cost base drivers while producing and maintaining various trackers to monitor costs and identify trends
- Creating monthly cost reports, forecasts and commentary for the end of month financial meetings and quarterly and annual reviews
- Aiding the Transformation for Success Programme for delivering cost efficiencies
- Monitoring the budget so that any shortfalls/ surpluses can be identified and communicated.
What we're looking for
- Professional qualification in Accounting/Finance or equivalent is essential
- Excellent understanding of cost and the drivers of this in financial services is essential
- Proficient in the cost management and the achievements of efficiencies
- Advanced level Microsoft excel (essential)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple, conflicting interests and deadlines.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This is an opportunity on a fixed term basis for up to 12 months.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your working hours / contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.