- Type of Contract: Temporary - Replacement
- Location: Poznań
Bridgestone in Europe, Russia, Middle East, India and Africa (BSEMIA), headquartered in Zaventem (Belgium), is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader providing sustainable mobility and advanced solutions.
In addition to our premium tire products, we offer a growing portfolio of tire-centric and mobility solutions. Together with our partners and guided by "Serving Society with Superior Quality”, that has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931, we are working to accelerate sustainable mobility innovations and solutions. Through innovative technology, we are committed to easier, safer, smoother and seamless mobility for our society and customers improving how people move, live, work and play .
Bridgestone also benefits from a significant retail network throughout the region – in fact our retail presence in the EMIA region is the largest in the tire industry. Through 17 distinct retail partners, we have around 3,500 outlets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as around 2,500 outlets through our partner network in India. This network offers a selection of services, concepts and mobility solutions.
At Bridgestone we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we maintain with everyday drivers and this extensive retail network is one of the core reasons why.
Bridgestone SSC provides services across EMIA (Europe – Middle East – India – Africa). We hired over 220 employees. Our departments support Business Partners in six languages in the areas of accounting, finance, taxation, HR and legal.
In line with the “Bridgestone Essence”, our work environment is based on integrity and teamwork, where everyone can learn from each other and contribute with their own ideas in achieving the coming goals.
We want to hear from people who can take the challenge, unleash their creative potential and contribute to the company success demonstrating ownership, courage and agility. We want you to develop your skills, expand your knowledge and be proud of your work .
We are looking for a VAT Specialist reporting directly to the VAT Compliance Team Leader. This is a Regional role, based in Poznań.
- Continuously analyze the VAT accounts making sure the VAT is posted correctly and take appropriate actions when necessary,
- Month end activities around the VAT accounting including the VAT accounts reconciliations,
- Prepare high-level quality VAT returns for several European registrations and ensure VAT submission in statutory deadlines,
- Control the VAT payment and receivable process ensuring the deadlines are met,
- Coordinate ongoing improvement/standardization initiatives within VAT accounting/reporting processes to achieve best practices,
- Ensure the company is compliant with VAT regulations across the region,
- Sustain an excellent relationship with local Finance Business Partners,
- Participate in various projects.
- min. 1-2 years proven experience in accounting department,
- master degree in Finance and/or Accounting,
- knowledge of VAT law in European Union
- proven application of VAT legislation knowledge in business practice,
- practical knowledge of SAP system would be an advantage,
- strong attention to details and deadline-orientation,
- very good English skills,
- strong MS Excel knowledge,
- good communication skills,
- being well organized, accurate and flexible,
- openness for the new challenges
Why should you apply?
- We are passionate about our people and want to offer them the opportunity to develop and grow.
- You never stop learning. You will have the possibility to develop yourself via our Learning Management System that is also connected to LinkedIn Learning.
- You will have the opportunity to experience a dynamic and challenging environment and work on different and innovative projects.
- We help you to drive your career path onward and upward working in a culture of feedback that recognizes you and helps your development.
- You will work in a healthy and safety environment, as safety is a key priority area in Bridgestone.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in our Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, join us at Bridgestone!
Process Next Steps: All applications will be reviewed. Our HR team will contact those applicants who we would like to invite for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Please don’t hesitate and apply at https://careers.bridgestone-emea.com/
We are looking forward hearing from you!
You can learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on
Diversity and inclusion are a central part of Bridgestone EMIA’s values at the highest level. This is key for our people to show a passion for excellence for improving society connected to the world in which we live. Our commitment to diversity, is linked to our founders mission of ‘Serving Society with Superior Quality’, which is essential in shaping and creating the organization, serving all people, respectfully, connected to our business. We recognize that everyone is different and that attracting, developing and retaining our employees will create a sustainable working environment which is essential to our success. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate in particular on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.