Tax Semi-Senior / Senior - Esher
We are recruiting for a Tax Semi-Senior / Senior to work within our flagship Esher office. This is a mixed tax (corporate and personal) role reporting to the Tax Manager and will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients and providing support to the Tax Managers. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client's behalf.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner-managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Tax Semi-Senior/Senior role is offering a competitive salary, study support with CTA, a great career path to progress within the firm and great benefits package.
The Tax Semi-Senior/Senior duties will be:
- Preparing annual tax returns - individuals, partnerships, companies, trusts and forms p11Ds/PSAs - for an allocated portfolio of clients
- Obtaining information from clients, third parties or elsewhere in the firm, as appropriate
- Advising clients on tax liabilities as they become due
- Completing posting for complex or missing areas of tax returns
- Preparing basic capital gains computations
- Preparing, amending and/or approving letters and emails for the Manager's approval
- Drafting replies to clients or third-party correspondences, seeking further input, as appropriate
- Electronically filing tax returns
- Assisting in dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms, etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
- Various ad-hoc work as they arise, such as technical research
- Line manager for Tax Junior
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience working in a mixed tax environment
- GCSE English and Maths grades C or above
- Ideally ATT Part qualifed or qualified with an intention to complete CTA qualification
The Tax Semi-Senior/Senior will have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awarenes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, with a positive attitude
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong team-player
If you are keen to secure a Tax Semi-Senior/Senior role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great start to your career, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment any agency fee.
Apply for Tax Semi-Senior/Senior
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly