Tax Semi-Senior/Senior - Farnborough
We are recruiting for a Tax Semi-Senior/Senior to work within our Farnborough office. The role would be to assist the technical tax consultant with compliance and non-standard client work including administration aspects. The Tax Semi-Senior/Senior will be covering income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax and trust work, although there is the possibility to become involved in other aspects such as employment related securities and analysis of double tax agreements, NI and worldwide disclosures.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts, we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Tax Semi-Senior/Senior role is offering a competitive salary, study support with CTA, a great career path to progress within the firm and great benefits package.
The Tax Semi-Senior/Senior duties will be:
- Initial preparation of some tax returns or manage the preparation of returns by outsource team.
- P11D production
- CGT calculations
- Research / Prepare communications to guide clients through HMRC online filing requirements as these become more common,
- Assisting with overall client management (checking status of jobs / missing information / chase information from clients.)
- Submitting approved tax returns
- General admin, as and when required, for example:
- Assisting with mail mergers / preparation of information request schedules
- Checking files to determine status of jobs / missing information etc.
- Liaising with HMRC and clients where appropriate in due course,
- Manage client take on role
- Gather information to assist to answer client queries or technical points
- Drafting e-mails and letters as required.
- Prepare spreadsheets and basic self-employed / trust / rental accounts for inclusion with income tax returns.
- Review WIP / draft billing
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience working in a tax environment
- Ideally ATT (and/or AAT) Qualified
The Tax Semi-Senior/Senior will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Word/Excel skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong team-player
- Takes responsibility and has a constructive attitude
- Willing to take instruction from others
- Embraces technology and not afraid to make suggestions
- Takes pride in their work with a desire to give the best service whether internally or externally
- Likes a challenge, so is not afraid to take on things they haven't seen before
If you are keen to secure a Tax Semi-Senior/Senior role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great start to your career, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.