Corporate Tax Manager
Corporate Tax Manager
We are recruiting for a Corporate Tax Manager to work within our London Holborn office. This corporate tax role will involve contributing to the provision of an excellent range of tax services to a diverse set of clients and providing support to Senior Managers and Partners. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate initiative and good judgement when carrying out tasks on the client's behalf.
Due to growth within the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts, we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner-managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner-managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930s with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The Corporate Tax Manager role is offering a competitive salary, a great career path to progress within the firm and an excellent benefits package.
The Corporate Tax Manager role and responsibilities:
- Develop strong relationships with a range of corporate clients
- Managing a diverse client portfolio
- Preparing, reviewing and approving corporation tax returns and tax computations
- Proactively talking to Managers and Partners on tax opportunities which may be relevant
- Preparing/amending and/or approving letters and emails for the tax team
- Assisting in dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC
- Preparing other forms etc. as required by HMRC or other third parties
- Developing the wider team, through technical excellence, soft skill development and on the job training
- Monitoring chargeability on a weekly basis
- Assisting the Tax Partners and Senior Managers with various ad hoc work as it arises such as technical research, reorganisations, reconstructions, transfer pricing and R&D claims
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a corporate tax environment
- GCSE English and Maths grades C or above
- Ideally CTA qualified - ACA or ACCA would also be useful but not essential
The Corporate Tax Manager will have the below skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build excellent client and internal relationships
- Great attention to detail
- Business entrepreneurship and commercial awareness
- Ability to work within deadlines and deliver on agreed timescales
- Use expertise to identify risk
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Passion to excel
- Adaptable and flexible
- Strong team-player
- Professional integrity
If you are keen to secure a Corporate Tax Manager role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great start to your career, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.