Audit and Accounts Senior
We are recruiting for an Audit and Accounts Senior to work within our Cardiff office, to assist the partners and managers in delivery of statutory audit and accounts preparation services, and to manage and allocate work to audit trainees. The split will be audit 80% and accounts 20%.
Due to growth within the largest and most progressive region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled entrepreneurial individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
In return the Audit and Accounts Senior role is offering a competitive salary with huge career progression within the firm and great benefits package.
The Audit and Accounts Senior duties will be:
- Planning and delivery of audit/accounts assignments
- Plan assignments in conjunction with the client partner or manager
- Lead some of our largest and most complex assignments
- Supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work
- Deliver the audit file to the assignment manager in timely manner
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and potential management letter points
- Manage client communication in effective manner
- Monitor your chargeability and your assignment budgets pro-actively
- Coach other staff for improved performance and technical development
- Develop specialist sector knowledge and keep abreast of industry developments
- Mentor audit and accounts trainees and contribute to the office's training and development programme
- Experience of OMB/SME private company audits: planning, budget preparation, identifying key risks, developing an audit plan, executing the audit on site
- Knowledge of and experience of current auditing standards and approaches: analytical review, documenting systems and controls, sampling techniques
- Experience preparing audit and accounts files using an electronic working paper system such as Caseware
- Significant prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under UK GAAP, and also charities and LLPs
- Experience of preparing and auditing consolidated accounts and component auditor issues
- Leadership experience -experience supervising teams on-site and reviewing their work
- Experience of preparing budgets and monitoring actual time against budget
- ACA/ACCA qualified
The Audit and Accounts Senior will have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- A strong interest in owner managed businesses and general commercial awareness
- The ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
Personal Audit Senior Qualities
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Courteous and professional
If you are keen to secure a progressive Audit Senior role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm offering a great career progression, please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
Apply for Audit and Accounts Senior
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly