VAT Associate Partner
VAT Associate Partner - London
Due to growth we are recruiting for a VAT Associate Partner to work within our Central London office reporting directly to the VAT Partner. The position will be to effectively and promptly provide sound advice to clients in all areas of VAT, be a key figure in the VAT team and continue to develop in order to progress to the level of Partner.
As the largest and fastest growing region of Haines Watts we are looking for highly skilled dynamic individuals to join to the team to assist us in achieving our strategic goal of being the number one advisor to owner managed businesses.
We are a top 15 accountancy firm specialising within the owner managed business area across the UK. A well-established firm since the 1930's with an entrepreneurial and dynamic feel who are continuing to grow nationally as well as regionally.
The VAT Associate Partner role is offering a highly competitive salary, and potential for progression within the company.
The VAT Associate Partner duties will be:
- Advise clients on VAT requirements at the appropriate level based on experience, knowledge and competency
- Act as central figure of VAT team, ensuring delivery of the team's work so it is completed within a specific timeframe
- Manage and nurture the VAT team, provide practical advice to and develop the junior team members
- Ensure risk to wrong advice has been managed and, where appropriate, evidenced
- Act as the right hand person to VAT partner, making sure you are available and ready to push delegated work to completion
- Delegate appropriate work to more junior team members
- Build relationships with the Associate Partners, with the purpose of leveraging VAT advisory work and identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Prepare technical updates to be circulated to all staff
- Aim to achieve a utilisation of 80% chargeable, when possible
- Experience of advising OMB's on VAT matters
- Experience in handling a portfolio of clients
- Leadership experience
- Ideally experience of networking, business development and article writing
The VAT Associate Partner will have the below skills:
- Commercial awareness
- Good written communication and letter writing skills
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Good analytical skills and judgement
- Adaptable and flexible
- Enthusiastic, with a positive, can-do attitude
- Works on own initiative
- Willingness to adopt and try new approaches to work and management
If you are keen to secure a progressive VAT Associate Partner role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment any agency fee.