Accountant - Alternative Assets (Part-Qualified)
Sanne is currently seeking an Accountant Senior Administrator to join our accounting teams within our Client Services division. Reporting to a Manager, this role covers financial reporting and administration obligations to support a growing team with a focus on the highest quality customer service.
You will typically be responsible for the preparation/overseeing of a number of client portfolios (underlying accounting, financial statements preparation, regulatory requirements) including the development and mentoring of more junior team members and providing the highest quality of customer.
- Working within a specialised services team on all aspects of administration and reporting to ensure the team and client servicing aspects are run efficiently;
- Working with team managers to manage and supervise a small number of administrators who would typically be studying towards professional qualifications. Supervise the administrators within the team, including mentoring, training and development;
- Preparing and implementing entity customer specific procedures in relation to the administration and reporting requirements;
- Acting as primary point of contact with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of the audits;
- Ensuring that reporting complies with entity and statutory requirements;
- Ensuring that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines;
- Providing sound, quality and technical guidance to clients;
- Monitor WIP against agreed budgets and report variances to the relevant client director;
- Ensure invoices are being raised in accordance with procedures, or the frequency and terms outlined in the Administration Agreement in force, and within the published deadlines;
- Ensure final invoices are sent to clients, undertake and be able to demonstrate regular monitoring and effective chasing of the outstanding debts within your portfolio, so as to achieve no aged debtors without a valid rationale;
- Establishing, building and maintaining strong relationships and networks with both internal, cross jurisdictional and external contacts including auditors and third parties;
- Working with team to ensure projects run smoothly including getting involved in the migration and implementation of any new accounting systems or investor portals;
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the client team including client meetings, new business pitches and new business proposals;
- Any other duties in the scope of the role that the company requires.
Skills / experience required:
- Professional qualification – ACCA or equivalent : part qualified;
- Minimum 3 years’ of experience in the finance industry;
- Knowledge of alternative investment funds and alternative asset classes (i.e. real estate, private equity, private debt);
- Understanding of local regulatory and financial reporting regime;
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines;
- Experience in mentoring / managing junior team;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Motivated and driven.