Accountant - Alternative Assets (Qualified)
Sanne is currently seeking an Assistant Manager to join the accounting team within our Client Services division. Reporting to a Senior Manager, this role covers financial reporting and administration obligations to support a growing team with a focus on the highest quality customer service.
You will typically be responsible for the preparation/overseeing of a number of client portfolios (underlying accounting, financial statements preparation, regulatory requirements) including the development and mentoring of more junior team members and providing the highest quality of customer service.
- Working within a specialised services team on all aspects of financial reporting and administration to ensure the team and client servicing aspects are run efficiently.
- Manage and supervise a small number of accounting trainees who are studying towards professional qualifications. Supervise the trainees within the team, including mentoring, training and development.
- Preparing and implementing entity customer specific procedures in relation to the financial reporting and administration requirements.
- Acting as primary point of contact with auditors in respect of the planning and coordination of the client audits.
- Ensuring that reporting complies with entity and statutory requirements.
- Ensuring that client responsibilities are managed effectively and to agreed client, best practice, regulatory and statutory deadlines.
- Providing sound, quality and technical guidance to clients.
- Monitor time WIP against agreed budgets and report variances to the relevant client director.
- Ensure fee invoices are sent to clients, undertake and be able to demonstrate regular monitoring and effective chasing of the outstanding debts within your portfolio
- Establishing, building and maintaining strong relationships and networks with both internal, cross jurisdictional and external contacts including auditors and third parties.
- Working with team to ensure projects run smoothly including getting involved in the migration and implementation of any new accounting systems or investor portals.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the strategic development of the client team including client meetings, new business pitches and new business proposals.
- Any other duties in the scope of the role that the Company requires.
Skills / experience
- Professional qualification – Qualified ACCA or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years’ of experience in the finance industry.
- Knowledge of alternative investment funds and alternative asset classes (i.e. real estate, private equity or private debt);
- Good detailed understanding of IFRS and FRS102.
- A team player with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite;
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines;
- Experience in mentoring / managing junior team members;
- Motivated and driven;