Business Controller / Financial Controller
who we are
Welcome to PANGAIA, a materials science company on a mission to save our environment. We are a global collective of one heart and many hands — scientists, technologists, designers — creating essential products from innovative tech and bio-engineered materials.
We design products for living in, for any situation and for basic needs. We create our products with smart technology and use as many sustainable & recyclable elements as possible.
We are starting a movement. Designing a better future.
about this role
Reporting into the FD, the business controller will assume responsibilities for much of the day-to-day running of the finance team, managing a team of 2 (AP and AR), will oversee month-end preparations and provide support to the internal (team of 2) and outsourced Tax department.
a day in the life:
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee day to day finance, including AR and AP (both role newly established)
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for 3 entities (UK, US and Italy) with the support of FD and external accountants
- Establish financial processes for the upcoming ERP system
- Monthly in-depth analysis of costs
- Audit management
- Identify and implement any process improvements, ensuring other Finance team members or other departments are involved as required.
- Understand the current business processes and assist in the development of systems and procedures to ensure strong financial controls are embedded.
- Internal ad-hoc audits
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified or finalist
- Experience of working in a fast paced and dynamic environment; finance experience within a retail or e-commerce business would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and be able to present financial data accurately
- Higly quantitative with a very strong understanding of data
- Self-motivated and can work autonomously
- Netsuite experience is a must