Senior Depositary Manager with Italian, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Depositary provides comprehensive services to help funds meet the requirements of AIFMD and UCITS directives, including cash monitoring, safekeeping of financial instruments in our custody and oversight of the operation of the fund. The major focus of this role is to manage Italian Depositary processes delivery from Poland, in line with the company strategy and resources in the Poland location. Individuals must have an understanding of service requirements, processes and procedures for Depositary services. Italian fluency is required.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Depositary Team Manager you will
- Be responsible for the achievement of specific department performance targets and objectives
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- Contribute to the development of the organization in terms of financial planning, business strategy, service offerings and HR policies
- Ensure that Depositary is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Utilize management information to assist in managing both clients and resources
- Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department
- Provide regular feedback to managers and more senior management with regard to Depositary operations
- Lead and contribute to service review, operational, client, risk, audit and regulatory meetings as required
- Establish and maintain good relationship with stakeholders in counties we deliver services to.
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide, EMEA or global projects and lead local department initiatives
- Manage and support the transition of work to Poland office
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Depositary business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry and Depositary.
- Fluency in English and Italian
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems, including Microsoft Office applications, is required
- Excellent people management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills. Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to proactively work under own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and concern for quality
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 8-10 years of relevant depositary experience
- At least 4 years specific relevant experience managing a large team in a senior managerial capacity
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business-related area
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA/CFA qualified or part qualified an advantage
- Flexible working hours (subject to the existing business needs)
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home (subject to existing business needs)
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.