Financial Reporting, AVP
- Responsible for client communication and implementation of new regulatory requirements/disclosures that impact the financial statements
- Manage the implementation of all standard practices, processes, tools, etc. and initiatives (ESP, Re-Engineering) and technology enhancements (system conversion)
- Manage the financial reporting production calendar and process; ensures all production schedules (including those with the JV) are completed by the 1st day of the previous month
- Perform 1st, 2nd , risk-based and targeted reviews on client financial statements, Form N-MFP, and other regulatory reporting.
- Ensure all regulatory filings are completed in a timely manner
- Manage relationships with client companies, making sure requests are being met, and that clients are satisfied with the level of service.
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline functions.
- Participate as part of the sales team to bring in new business.
- Develop proposals and discuss potential add-on prices for unique services.
- Collaborate with appropriate teams globally to ensure consistent service delivery, client solutions and client satisfaction. Oversee the effective coordination of activities between multiple departments within State Street.
- Responsible for the direction and training of subordinate team leaders and staff. Typically manages a staff of five to 20+ employees.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, allocate and coordinate resources and handle personnel related issues.
- Contribute to enhancing our regulatory standing and execute on critical regulatory and control management plans, including those contributing to the successful execution of ORI initiatives. Proactively manage risk at the business level. Ensure appropriate procedures are in place for team, recommend additional controls and risk management strategies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Equivalent to a B.S. degree in Accounting, Business or related field. MBA or CPA preferred
- Six or more years of experience in mutual funds accounting, compliance, auditing or related business activity.
- Strong financial reporting, regulatory compliance and tax skills.
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEC, IRS, and general ledger accounting requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies, Trusts, Partnerships and other mutual fund related services.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.