Head of Onboarding and Change Management - Transfer Agency - Dublin or Limerick
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
This is a pivotal role in the Transfer Agency senior leadership team and can be based in either our Dublin or Limerick office. Reporting to the Head of Ireland Transfer Agency, you will be responsible for the management of a number of teams based in Dublin and Limerick supporting the onboarding of new clients to the Transfer Agency platform and management of change activity impacting the Transfer Agency function. The role will also include oversight of service delivery from the NT teams in India or other locations who execute work in these areas on our behalf.
The department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous leading fund management companies and fund domiciles. A broad range of product types is supported including, mutual, money market, pooling, hedge funds and ETFs. Ireland Transfer agency provides the full range of investor servicing functions including dealing, registration, settlement, distributions, commissions, query management and investor reporting.
- Responsibility for the onboarding of new clients, and product structures to the Transfer Agency platform and operating model.
- Provide technical and product expertise for the development of new business relationships and help solution operating models for the take on of new products and services.
- Responsible for ensuring that TA meets its obligations to service new clients in accordance with the fund documentation, administration agreement and SLAs.
- Responsibility for coordinating, planning and execution of change impacting Transfer Agency including client, regulatory, product and internal operational change leveraging SME, BA and Technology resources as required.
- Responsibility for TA application and system support working closely with Offshore Technology teams, Vendor Management and relevant Vendors.
- Work closely with the Sales teams with respect to new business opportunities, supporting the sales effort including completion of RFPs, performing the TA lead role at prospect pitch and due diligence meetings
- Foster and develop a solution oriented mindset in onboarding new clients or in managing change while ensuring a robust and control focussed operating infrastructure is in place to support TA activity.
- Provide leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment which encourages ownership, excellence, employee engagement, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Ensure the short-term and strategic goals and objectives of the Transfer Agency business are properly supported by a robust infrastructure and operating model
- Maximise scalability through the use of onshore and offshore locations and multi-functional model.
- Human resource management and capacity planning
- Monitor the competitive business climate, technology trends and regulatory activities with respect to the Transfer Agency business. Represent NT at industry level as required.
- Consult on effective ways to meet client needs or appropriate methods to be used for resolution of an error.
- Analyse monthly management information to understand where quality at an individual, process, team or management company needs to be addressed
- Comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
- Exercise due care and diligence, ensuring the areas of responsibility are organised and controlled.
- Observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all key stakeholders: including Regulators, Internal Stakeholders, Direct reports; External Clients, Advisors, Banking Partners, Auditors, Trustees and Compliance.
- Significant operational experience gained in a TPA, TA or working directly for a fund manager (Essential)
- Strong Transfer Agency Industry and Regulatory knowledge essential
- Proven people management and change management skills essential
- Process analysis/improvement experience will be advantageous
- Effective verbal reasoning and numeric skills (Essential)
- Good keyboard skills to include MS Excel and ability to learn systems used within the business (Essential)
- Experience in working with Multi Currency and FX
- Ability to work under pressure meeting challenging deadlines
- Ability to manage department in accordance with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to review and resolve complex issues
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong client focus gained in a financial services company
- Strong Process Control focus will be advantageous
- Innovative Thinking
- Excellence in Execution
- Client Service and Quality
- Technical & Compliance
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.