Global Financial Control - IT Manager
Responsible for technical IT expertise (including Cyber) and guidance to the Internal Control teams and for managing the local Reconciliations and Systems team. Provides governance, oversight, and reviews IT controls testing for the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) program, Service Organization Control Reports (SOC) program for Northern Trust business areas, and Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR) program for Northern Trust Corporation. Manages the annual refresh of the IT internal controls framework including the applicable in scope applications and supporting software. Interacts frequently with external auditor regarding IT internal controls and associated testing. Conducts the performance management process for direct reports.
- Oversees the IT general computer controls framework for multiple internal control programs (SOX, SOC, CCAR) including interaction with external auditors
- Directs and reviews IT test work including work paper documentation, testing exceptions and deficiencies to ensure conclusions are supported and/or remediation efforts are sustainable
- Serves, and/or partners with, subject matter expert(s) within internal audit or the business to analyze issues, establish collaborative relationships, and proactively work with management to assess risk and improve internal controls.
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to controls teams and partners at a high technical level across the organization
- Provides expert understanding of internal and external auditing techniques (i.e., planning, testing, reporting and tracking of controls, including remediation activities)
- Maintains current knowledge of risks to the IT network and infrastructure including cyber security.
- Interacts and partners with Senior and Executive Management to understand the risks within the business, business changes and other significant events that could significantly affect the business and/or the control framework
- Demonstrates critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques and decision-making abilities
- Demonstrates experience in highly dynamic environments undergoing change; ability to deal with competing priorities
- Operates independently with minimal day to day supervision; has in-depth technical knowledge of information technology controls
- Develops periodic goals, organize the work, set short-term priorities, monitor all activities, and ensure timely and accurate completion of the work
- Tracks and provides KPIs and indicators to be reported to the Controls Committee, Disclosure Committee, Audit Committee, and steering committees
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, provide input for staffing and disciplinary actions, and provide hands-on training to staff
- Expert-level knowledge of IT general controls (security, change management, computer operations, system development lifecycle methodology, database design and operations management)
- Strong analytical, leadership, and organizational skills are required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Very flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent project management experience with organizing, planning and executing procedures from vision through implementation across multiple internal reporting and organizational lines
- College or University degree required, Accounting, Finance or Information Systems preferred
- Ten plus years of IT audit or controls experience working in public accounting or corporate setting preferably with an emphasis on the financial services industry
- Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA) and/or an MBA are preferred
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.