This growing financial services business has an exceptional reputation and a real desire to be the number one in its market place. They are currently looking to recruit a technically minded accountant who will be in charge of all the changes to accounting policy and standards and how this will affect the business.
Reporting into the Head of Finance the role will involve:
- Responsibility for technical accounting and financial reporting issue
- Keeping up to date with changes in and implementing accounting standards
- Ensuring adequate controls are in place around accounting policies
- Driving efficiency of reporting processes
- Engaging with Internal and External Auditors
As the ideal candidate you will be a fully qualified accountant, either ACA, ACCA or CIMA with a background either from practice or as a technical accountant in a commercial / financial services business. You will have a real knowledge and interest in accounting policy and standards and how they are affecting FCA regulated businesses. A knowledge of IFRS, UK and US GAAP would be a real advantage.