The Implementation & Support Team within Sun Life is looking for an experienced business analyst. The successful individual will be responsible for in–depth analysis of all system enhancements and developments, regulatory changes, system upgrades and various systems related changes to the successful transition to production deployment. The successful individual will be required to show an aptitude for learning, taking the initiative and identify areas for process improvements.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for analysis, development and ongoing improvements to business practices, processes, procedures and tools. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates user needs. Develops specific business processes and facilitates implementation & Production Support to the Operations Team
- In–depth analysis of all initiatives impacting the Business Operations Team
- Liaise with business partners within and outside of Business Operations to analyze impact of all initiatives and changes
- Assist with identifying new business requirements
- Assist with the maintenance and executions of all enhancements related activities of various systems
- Proactively communicates all initiatives, changes, enhancements, problem fixes and releases impacting internal Sun Life Teams, ensuring business readiness. This may require, training materials and presentations to be completed by the Analyst
- Act as a subject–matter expert on Sun Life functions and processes, assist teams in defining business requirements for internal and external projects
- Review Business Requirement Documents to identify and report potential risks to existing processes and come up with creative suggestions and solutions to mitigate such
- Review Functional Test Plans to identify and report potential risks and gaps to testing being completed
- Complete testing where required
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent research and information gathering skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic in a team environment
- Initiates new ideas and solutions to regulatory and business issues as well as in regards to process improvement issues
- Excellent knowledge of the Mutual Fund industry and terminology
- Strong client relationship skills
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e–mail a request to
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.