A new Business Analyst permanent role has just become available at a Tier 1 Bank based in London. The Business Analyst will form part of the Asset Servicing International Transform Programme which aims to deliver a large scale technology transformation for the Finance, IMBO, Ops and Tech services delivering Settlements and Asset Services/Securities Services.
Reporting into the International Transform Team with responsibility of a Business Analyst and Process Mapping Specialist, you will be aiming to successfully migrate Settlement, Asset Servicing on to the APTP (Accenture Post–Trade Processing) platforms and to subsequently integrate the platform with the Bank's Sub ledger MOTIF.
The first release of the programme is kicking off and consists of the creation of the APTP Securities Settlement and Asset Service Utility and the integration of the new platform. The second release allows for the integration of the APTP platform with the Bank's Sub ledger, MOTIF; and thus requires analysis, design and the writing of the business case.
Key Accountabilities of the Business Analyst:
- Perform Business and IT analysis of the current state systems within and around the existing Settlements and Trade Lifecycle systems
- Analyse current data to determine future processing requirements and data flows
- Trace the to–be business and data requirements to the upstream systems and identify gaps & data quality issues.
- Deliver functional specifications to cover:
- Data migration requirements
- Strategic changes required in the proposed systems for subledger processing
- Tactical changes required during the transition period
- Accounting rules for primary accounting of the Trade life cycle
- Specific scenarios to cover subledger accounting – MonthEnd, YearEnd, Bank Holidays etc
- Assist in test scenario definition and test cases
- Configure the new system to prepare for testing
- Liaise with upstream and downstream analysis and development teams to define requirements and track changes to support the subledger rollout
- Analyse testing issues and assist users and developers with issue resolution.
- Support the go–live
Skills & Knowledge of the Business Analyst:
- Previous experience working within a Custodian/Asset Servicing/Securities Services environment
- Senior Business Analysis skill set – Proven business, process and functional analysis skills
- Settlement, Asset Servicing and/or Accounting – Experience of settlements, Asset Servicing, accounting, financial control and product control functions
- Good knowledge of Investment Banking products, primarily securities
- Experience delivering Back Office/Operations Systems
- MOTIF and APTP knowledge
- Strong MS Office, particularly Access and Visio and experience of one or more enterprise standard process/Datamodelling tools, preferably IBM Blueworks
If you are a Senior Business Analyst with a background in the Asset Servicing/Custodian Service environment and extensive experience migrating Middle Office functions, please apply today.