Credit Controller temp to perm -Wimbledon
Credit Controller -temp to perm
£24,000 - £27,000
Excellent opportunity for a Credit Controller who is immediately available to temp for 3 months, with a view to going permanent.
Purpose of role:
To have prime responsibility for the credit control function within the Sales Ledger team for two of the four divisions in the company .
The post holder will be responsible for the timely collection of outstanding payments of a Ledger that consists of high and low value accounts within the organisation.
Maintaining a consistently high level of customer service both internally and externally.
Perform daily credit control for all the divisional accounts allocated by the Sales Ledger Manager.
To chase outstanding payments according to credit terms and conditions in a timely manner.
Collection of outstanding payments by telephone, email and letters and logging all activity onto the PSF system under Comments.
To ensure all contact details are kept up to date.
To ensure that queries are logged accurately with full details entered on the query log system.
Work with the Income and Billings Analyst to resolve all outstanding queries efficiently and promptly.
Regular meetings with the Income & Billings Analyst to follow up on all outstanding queries.
Respond to all forms of communication from Funders or PWS requesting information that may affect future payments.
Escalate accounts to the Income & Billing Analyst
Ensure unallocated receipts are matched to invoices in a timely manner.
Encouraging Direct Debit and Debit Card payment methods for PWS/Parents accounts.
Provide aged debtor commentary updates on all debtors within the company
Recommend any entries for possible bad-debt provision/ write-offs.
Work with the Sales Ledger Administrator to ensure that all receipts are correctly allocated and to follow up on all unallocated payments.
Liaise with Funder and PWS on all overpayments and credit notes.
Regular meetings with the Income & Billings Analyst to follow up on investigations.
Perform other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
- Sound knowledge of Credit Control and understanding the relationship of activity to management of risk such as cash flow maintenance and relevant areas of financial reporting.
- Ability to assimilate information and to define issues quickly so they can be communicated clearly to others within the team and externally.
- Presents complex information effectively and concisely using different communication media, tailoring approach to the knowledge of the audience.
- Able to prioritise effectively and manage time to ensure work is completed within deadlines and momentum of debt collection is maintained.
- Pro-actively seeks solutions to problems, including the need to work constructively with the Income & Billing Analyst and Sales Ledger Manager to resolve workload issues.
- Organises information and filing in an accessible and timely manner.
- Can create positive relationships with others.
- Strong commitment to the delivery of results across the section to agreed benchmarks.
- An understanding of the different types funding/ income sources. (Training can be provided).