Finance Officer / Payroll Assistant
Finance Officer / Payroll Assistant – Lowestoft – Temporary ongoing – 3 months initially (37 hours per week)
The main purpose of the Finance Officer role is to assist and facilitate production of accurate and timely financial information. Within this role, you will report to the Finance Manager and your main duties will include:
- Processing sales invoices/credit notes and dealing with all related queries
- Processing purchase invoices/credit notes
- Reviewing supplier statements for accuracy
- Matching invoices with orders and assist with processing payments
- Sending out customer statements and chasing outstanding debt
- Checking and inputting expense claims
- Promoting and assisting end users on procurement system. Ensuring use of preferred suppliers for all requisitions where appropriate
- To assist in the running of payroll by collecting and checking pay, travel & subsistence claim forms received from departments throughout the Business within the Payroll timescales. Assist with inputting the pay claims and running audit reports on the computerised payroll system
Person Specification and Qualifications & Training
• Proficient in English and Maths
• Accounting/finance related qualification
• Experience of working in a financial environment
• Excellent Communication skills at all levels
• Experience of using computerised finance related systems.
• Basic accounts and payroll knowledge
The working hours for this role are full time - 37 hours per week.
Why work for Hales Group?
All of our Consultants are committed and qualified in what they do and have been operating in Lowestoft for many years. We treat candidates as our customers and try to find the right job solution for you. All temporary workers accrue holiday pay and are offered pension enrolment and the option to join our personal accident scheme and to join our travel scheme.