On behalf of our client, a well established Finance company, we are looking to recruit an experienced Underwriter to join their expanding team based in Rochdale.
• Review applications for motor vehicle and assess credit worthiness of applicants in line with existing underwriting criteria. Analyse all application details together with information received from credit bureau references.
• Approve or decline applications and inform the relevant dealer/broker or sales team member.
• Accurately price-approve vehicles and set credit limits in line with the pricing models and the loan to value set out within the underwriting criteria.
• Liaise with the sales team to identify opportunities for increasing new business volumes and improving processes.
• Review underwriting and scorecard decisions to improve the underwriting acceptance rate.
Skills and Experience:
• Ability to understand and interpret information received on proposal forms
• Good numerical/analytical skills.
• Experience of credit reference agencies various eg: Experian, Call Credit or Equifax.
• Basic computer and keyboard skills.
• General understanding of prime market client profiles and sub-prime client profiles.
• Knowledge of Data Protection Act and an awareness of the Consumer Credit Act and FCA guidelines.
• Confident and professional manner, polite and assertive.
• Ability to use own initiative but also work well as part of a small busy underwriting team.
• Good communications skills.
Weekend working will be a requirement of the role (1 in every 4) and time off in lieu will be given during the week.
Applicants will have proven experience in a similar role within a Finance environment.
To apply, in confidence, please send CV to Nick Dale at TRF Professional, a specialist division of The Recruitment Fix Ltd.