The Hive Group of companies based in Edgware, which includes Barnet Football Club is going through exciting times and is seeking to expland its accounts team.
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Divisional Accountant to cover the accounting for a busy division within a larger group of companies.
If successful, you will play an important role within the business, developing relationships with key external and internal stakeholders.
Our group of companies has a history of providing its employees with competitive earnings and the opportunity to work within a rewarding and engaging environment evidenced by the length of time the business has been trading and the number of clients retained.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the purpose of the role is to support the Group management and Company COOs in operating their businesses efficiently.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all company procedures are being adhered to
- Cash management
- Cash flow forecasting
- Monthly management accounts preparation, evaluation and analysis
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Stock control
- Payroll preparation
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
Skills and experience needed:
- A recognised CCAB accountancy qualification
- Excellent experience of Sage accounts
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Ability to produce and present professional written reports
- Intelligent, articulate and persuasive and able to present plans logically
- Good ability to represent the company professinally both internally and externally
- Highly numerate with meticulous attention to detail
Salary / Hours / Benefits
- Salary: commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Core hours Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5.30pm, plus additional hours as required to include some weekends in line with the needs of the business
- Discounts on food / beverages / onsite gym
Please submit your CV, together with a covering letter, outlining your reasons for applying and any relevant qualifications / experience, plus your current salary.