Outsourcing Manager - Practice Managment Accountant
This firm has risen up the ranks of accountancy practices in the South East and has impressive growth plans in place. Because of this stand out growth, they need a qualified accounting manager to lead and develop their current department. Whether you are looking to develop into Partnership or hone your skills for the future, this role will enhance your CV and drive your progression forwards.
Located just North of Brighton, this firm of chartered accountants are in the hub of Sussex life; providing you with the ability to not only work with impressive clients, but also to work in a desirable location.
As an employee at this firm you are constantly being developed and supported. You will be an integral part of the firm as they know that their staff are their future. This forward thinking structure is founded through their partner led culture, their varied work and their merit focused promotion structure. They recruit individuals with a passion for progression and aim to provide a supportive yet challenging position for all of their employees.
This role will provide you with hands on client contact and give you the freedom to manage and nurture your own client portfolio. You will be able to work with a wide variety of clients in sectors such as; media and entertainment, property, restaurants, professional services, charities, healthcare and private client. This position will also provide you with the opportunity to apply your staff management skills; mentoring and developing both seniors and semi-seniors.
* Manage work flow and personal diary to ensure delivery of agreed work with clients and internal stakeholders.
* Preparation of management information for clients to include tailoring to clients needs, preparation of dash boards and instilling best practice.
* Identifying other service needs of clients.
* Sharing best practice and ideas within the team for process improvement and development of each other.
* Communicate verbally and in writing with clients, client suppliers, banking contacts, etc.
* Preparation of VAT returns.
* Preparation of statutory accounts.
* Preparation of forecasts and evaluation of financial impact of projects.
* Perform other duties as required from time to time.
* Past experience in other areas, such as treasury management, due diligence, corporate finance etc. an advantage.
Technical skills required:
* ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
* Minimum of three years' experience in an accounting role, with experience in the preparation of management information, business processes and internal controls, forecasting, statutory accounts, VAT including bookkeeping, payroll and financial reports.
* Ideally previous experience of working in both practice and industry.
* Knowledge of accounting systems and control environments within a finance function.
* Working knowledge of accounting software including Sage and Xero.
* Strong Excel skills (including vlookup, sumif and Pivot Tables).
* The role is not exclusively office based, therefore the ability to drive and access to your own transport to travel to client sites will be necessary.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75080691