Excellent permanent opportunity for a skilled Finance Analyst to join this leading National Financial Services business based on the outskirts of Warwick. The role will support the Finance Business Partnering and Planning across the group through the detailed analysis of data adding incisive commentary and recommendations to support business performance, planning and decision making in line with the Groups long term strategic objectives
My client are a highly successful and national Financial Services business based on the outskirts of Warwick who are recruiting for a skilled Finance Analysis to join their FPA function. The business can offer long term career prospects, exposure to significant Business Partnering opportunities and to strategic decision making supporting the business in its long term objectives.
The Finance Analyst role in Warwick will involve:
- Partner, influence and advise departmental managers by proactively investigating internal and external data, to identify opportunities and threats to company and departmental strategies so that the business can take informed decisions about its future direction and strategy
- Build, develop and maintain strong relationships with internal customers in business departments, through regular contact and effective communication to ensure that the objectives of the Business are understood and that resources and processes are in place that supports the delivery of efficient and relevant MI within agreed and governed processes and timescales.
- Facilitate and support the planning and reforecasting environment, in collaboration with finance business partners and senior management to ensure robust financial plans are delivered, monitored and controlled.
- Plan, design, develop and implement data driven models to predict and forecast future performance and present conclusions and recommendations so that the business departments can understand anticipated results and take informed management actions to meet business objectives.
- Analyse and report on business performance, providing regular insight and analysis, with recommendations for circulation to Senior Management in order to understand the potential impact of decisions, identify corrective management actions and areas for further exploration.
- Advise on, and facilitate the implementation of continuous improvement within the Finance Business partnering, planning and analysis proposition, to enhance the customer experience and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Coach, mentor, and guide team members to monitor and improve the quality and effectiveness of their work and support their development.
- Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with line manager
To be successful in this highly rewarding yet challenging Finance Analyst position you will need Experience of establishing effective relationships with, and influencing senior stakeholders. Experience of successfully providing data analytics solutions including the use of advanced analytical techniques. The ability to gather and analyse internal and external data from a wide range of sources in order to drive commercial insight. Ability to explain complex management information in written and verbal form to financial and non-financial people. Excellent knowledge of data warehousing and Management Information techniques would be advantageous. Strong IT skills to include spreadsheet and data manipulation skills, with particular reference to MS Excel (incl VBA).
Stable secure permanent employment with significant career prospects, highly competitive salary and benefits, free parking and various onsite benefits (cafe/leisure facilities etc)