Supervisor/Assistant Manager - Outsourcing - Business Services & Outsourcing - London
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting our clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in tying together many of our services across BDO both domestically and internationally. By building deep and meaningful relationships with a range of clients from ambitious entrepreneurial SMEs to large multi-national groups, our BS&O team don’t just advise on their specific business challenges, they open doors for other teams to provide our firm’s wider service offering. To succeed in this agile environment, you’ll need to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and initiative. In return, you’ll have the opportunity for progression, and the chance to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles.
We’ll broaden your horizons
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realize your career aspirations. We will give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. In this role you’ll:
- Review regular management accounts for our client base prepared by junior members and reporting to clients thereon.
- Review VAT and FCA returns prepared by the team.
- Review financial statements under UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Accurately prepares more complicated entities accounting compliance work using compliance procedures.
- Responsible for set up of new clients on the system and Implementation of new accounting systems.
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities and areas that require more specialist advice, and inform the client and the partner as appropriate.
- Prepare standard KPI dashboards from the clients accounting system, using templates
- Prepare simple budgets for clients’ management purposes only by extrapolating last year’s data and making minor adjustments.
- Know how finance and accounting functions and supporting technology can differ by industry and business structure, what is required from a compliance perspective and what is considered a standard or best practice.
- Manage the team on a day to day basis.
Our clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth focussed. Across our 17 UK locations, we employ 5,000 people who work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services. Our EiC Resourcing function plays a critical role in making that happen. By ensuring our firm attracts and selects the highest quality and most diverse candidates to become our future leaders, they ensure we continue to generate revenue of $9bn worldwide.
We’ll help you succeed
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA) or equivalent experience
- Solid accountancy experience required
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of UK and US GAAP or IFRS and the ability to prepare a consolidation
- Experience in company accounts disclosure, legislation and application in practice
- Full knowledge of compliance and client take on procedures
- Experience in preparing quotes and proposals for new work
- Good understanding of the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK
- Good knowledge of the main taxes affecting clients
- Good understanding of accountancy software packages and other accounting solutions
- Competent in using Microsoft packages
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.