Forensic Investigations and Compliance Senior - Manchester/Birmingham/Edinburgh/Glasgow
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Despite the best efforts of regulators, internal controls and risk departments, corruption and corporate fraud continue to challenge businesses and Governments across the globe. From asset misappropriation to financial statement fraud, no entity is immune. Society’s growing expectations in relation to Integrity, coupled with the increased transparency afforded by technology, pose an ever-evolving challenge to all business leaders. When facing acts of fraud, government regulatory inquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients know that we have the investigative experience they need, when they need it, where they need it.
Our Forensic & Integrity Services (Forensics) team is growing and as an Investigations & Compliance Senior/Assistant Manager you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working with clients across all industries, you’ll develop innovative recommendations to some of the most challenging fraud and corruption issues around. Since we work with such a diverse portfolio of clients across industries and geographies, you can expect to take on a wide range of prevention and detection projects, making this a great place to develop your skills and business knowledge.
Your key responsibilities
Because all clients have unique issues, it’s no exaggeration to say you’ll never be doing the same type of client engagement for too long. You’ll work with our clients’ legal counsel, internal audit and compliance departments investigating complex issues and developing practical solutions that address operational challenges. You’ll also support our clients to proactively monitor and address important risks within their businesses. It’s all about using and developing your technical skills to creatively assess and resolve our clients’ needs from the front lines, producing robust deliverables which contribute to Building a Better Working World.
Skills and attributes for success
You will have knowledge and experience:
- Fraud, Corruption, Compliance and Integrity issues, including key legislative instruments and enforcement trends (eg Bribery Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, OECD convention on corruption, local corruption legislation)
- Investigation methodology (eg in instances of bribery & corruption, fraud, bankruptcy and insolvency)
- Compliance (e.g. risk assessment, monitoring, remediation)
- Business Intelligence tools and techniques
- Preparing, interpreting and/or auditing accounts
- Assessing, modelling, testing, documenting and presenting financial scenarios, identifying risks and issues, anticipating challenges
- Project Management skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- A curious, inquisitive mindset and enthusiasm for problem-solving
- Enthusiasm for working across borders in an open and multi-cultural environment
- Confidence to support clients in situations with significant ambiguity and uncertainty
- Experience of understanding, digesting, explaining, analysing company accounts and financial information, processes, policies and procedures
- Demonstrable knowledge of the fields of Investigations & Compliance
- Advanced Skills in Excel and experience in Word, PowerPoint
- A Professional accountancy qualification (CA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent) will be a significant differentiator
- Proficiency with foreign languages may also be a differentiator
What we look for
We’re interested in professionals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect an independent approach to working in this role, so you’ll also need the energy and ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to build or improve our current relationships and processes.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.