GCC Projects Business Analyst
The GCC project team is responsible for managing a considerable percentage of Finance’s technology spend, helping to deliver across a portfolio of projects including, Regulatory Capital, Leverage and Reporting, Financial Accounting and General Ledger renovation. The team is also front and centre of the Finance Process Model change and technology architecture discussions. The team supports EU, Global and local regulatory driven initiatives across Financial and Capital Reporting including Basel 3, Capital Calculators, FED, SEC, PRA & EBA reporting initiatives as well as FinRep, IFRS 9 and Recovery & Resolution Reporting.
The successful applicant will report to the Director within the team.
- Business analysis in support of the Capital/Financial Regulatory Reporting project stream in an Agile environment.
- Coordination and monitoring of Change Management cycles and prioritisation / tracking of associated deliverables.
- Be comfortable transitioning traditional waterfall project management to a more agile approach as the different solutions mature.
- Liaison with Clients and IT colleagues to identify issues and track prioritization and remediation.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with a range of stakeholders across different departments and regions
- Lead and/ or contribute to key project workstreams relating to buildout of evolving regulatory rules
- Support the strategic development of firm systems, challenge and work to enhance processes and controls
- Prepare periodic project updates and reporting for Clients and Senior Management.
- Communicate and escalate to line management as appropriate.
- Subject Matter Expertise within existing Morgan Stanley role or business analysis background gained in the Financial Services Industry. Experience of Regulatory Reporting projects such as Finrep/CoRep would be preferred but experience within the wider Financial Regulatory space would be considered.
- Knowledge of Investment Banking business and related products.
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to manage to tight deadlines whilst balancing multiple priorities.
- Strong analytical, organisational and documentation skills with an ability to understand processes and key controls. Experienced in implementing change effectively to improve existing processes.
- Experience of data modelling and investigation with the ability to identify issues, develop and implement practical solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to liaise with colleagues/clients of all levels.
- Highly numerate with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve goals either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Experience of Microsoft Office and project management tools such as Excel, Project and Visio.
- Experience of investigating, summarising and presenting results in a meaningful format to clients and Senior Management.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of Project Management approaches such as Agile.
The following personal attributes are important for this role:
- Strong communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- High standard of organisational skill
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Learn more about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley in Glasgow on our LinkedIn page and Youtube channel.Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.