Vice President, Controller - Global Real Estate
JPMorgan Chase's Corporate Controllers is a global organization of approximately 1,500 colleagues, operating through a partnership among Corporate Accounting Policies, Corporate Regulatory Policy & Reporting, Corporate Financial Reporting, Corporate Sector Controllers, Global Finance Operations (GFO), Global Finance India, and Finance Platform Strategy & Controls. Working together, our strengths and resources enable us to ensure the integrity of the JPMorgan Chase consolidated books and records and the results of individual legal entities within the Firm. The controllership function is focused on ensuring and improving the organization's credibility through accounting, financial controls, systems and reporting.
Corporate Sector Controllers is responsible for financial and operational accounting activities, internal controls, and financial reporting for the Corporate Line of Businesses (LOBs), as well as centrally managed Firm-wide accounting activities. The Global Real Estate Controllers team is comprised of accounting professionals across the globe who have direct responsibility for a firm-wide real estate portfolio in more than 60 countries across 6,100 owned and leased properties, covering approximately 74 million square feet.
Global Real Estate Accounting is seeking a qualified, detail oriented, high energy, and self-initiating Accounting Vice President responsible for month end financial close and reporting.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the finance and operations groups of Real Estate, as well as Legal Entity and Line of Business contacts
- Extensive support of global financial (SAP) and real estate application systems implementations
- Review and improve key accounting processes to ensure processes are efficient and effective
- Support of and participation in the strategic planning efforts of the organization
- Identify and drive recommendations to strategically enhance the financial and operational performance of all Real Estate functional areas
- Direct oversight of monthly transaction processes and close, interpretation of Real Estate policy, Corporate Accounting Policies, and US GAAP treatment
- Strong partnership with Regional Real Estate CFO’s on accounting, policy, controls, operations, and process matters
- Support ad hoc reporting and analysis across Real Estate as needed
- Develop meaningful financial analysis in support of Real Estate decision making
- Assist regional Real Estate Finance teams in creating annual budgets and updating mid-year forecasts
- Supervise and manage an accounting staff located in Warsaw, Poland
- Train, coach and develop staff
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and execute multiple responsibilities within predetermined timeliness is essential
- Bachelor's degree with an MBA, CPA, CMA, or Chartered Accountant required
- Minimum 10 years financial accounting experience required, working in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience in real estate industry or JPM real estate matters preferred
- Ability to build and motivate, high performance teams as part of a global real estate organization
- Superior relationship management, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding analytical, process management, and presentation skills
- Team player, able to work well with multiple LOBs and across a wide variety of functions
- Demonstrated track record of process improvement and improving controls
- Proactive attitude, commitment to continuous learning, willing to challenge the status quo to improve processes
- Creative self-starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently, as well as contribute to the broader global team
- Ability to multi-task and be hands on in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines under pressure
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.