Indirect Tax Analyst – Europe VAT / WHT
Would you like the opportunity to develop your career with a global energy company?
Do you enjoy working with financial data?
Be part of a team that keeps moving
Our Global Finance Controllership Team provides support for the business for technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis.
Partner with the best
Responsible for building technical tax and accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual tax reporting and analysis. Understands concepts, methods, procedures, and approaches.
As an Indirect Tax Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- VAT Filings - Prepare and file timely and accurate VAT and WHT declarations as assigned through different tax portals / through 3rd party
- Compliance - Analyse AP and AR invoices to ensure compliance to local tax requirements
- Compliance - Ensure tax accounts are comply to company policy and address internal audit queries
- Tax Settlements - Prepare and submit payment requests through multiple payment tools
- Audit - Work with Tax Advisors to address any queries from tax office, and external auditors.
- Accounting - Perform tax account reconciliations and prepare journal entries - Collaboration with various stakeholders within the company to ensure no outstanding open items in account reconciliations
- Continuous Improvement - Challenge the process to identify process gaps, collaboration with IT, Tax Advisory and project teams for process improvements
- Continuous Improvement – Proactively obtain latest tax updates through any available channels and ensure application of latest tax updates in VAT / WHT declarations
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent.
- Have minimum 4 years in accounting shared service centre or tax environment.
- Demonstrate expertise and experience in Accounting with good analytical skill
- Demonstrate a good understanding of GST/ VAT/ Withholding tax
- Be a motivated self-starter, proactively taking the initiative to lead and solve problems
- Understanding of Oracle system is an added advantage
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.