Client Service Specialist, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
The Client Service Personnel will support the performance reporting, data collection, cash management, and data validation processes of the Asset Owners – Private Markets Team that services Private Equity, Real Estate and other Alternative Investments for State Street Clients. The team member will also assist with new client conversions, systems conversions, and special projects, as well as providing oversight and mentorship to the back office teams.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Service specialist you will
- Perform ongoing quality control checks to ensure data integrity.
- Work with our clients’ investment managers to resolve any queries on outstanding financial information or cash flow notices. Escalate to seniors and clients to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work with other Cash Custody stakeholders to track and resolve cash transactions.
- Review of scheduled and ad-hoc investment performance and underlying company exposure reporting prepared by the back office teams.
- Provide assistance to management on new client conversions, systems conversions, and special projects as needed.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and service-oriented skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment while being independent and driven.
- Ability to work in various wed-based applications and proficiency in MS Excel.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, work ethics and ownership required.
- Strong ability to handle multiple priorities
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, or a related discipline required.
- 1-3 years of related experience required.
- Private Equity/ Hedge Funds / Alternative Investments exposure is a plus
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.