Junior Accountant Internal Finance
Junior Accountant Internal Finance (Polish accountancy rules) Contractor
You will join internal accountancy department with possibilities to develop your experience within Polish Accountancy regulations. In addition joining us as a Junior Accountant would give you a possibility to participate in automation processes.
GDS Finance handles the corporate Finance and Accounting activities of EY GDS Poland. The scope and nature of the function can be classified into:
- Planning, Budgeting and Financial Analysis (PBFA) covering the periodic reporting of management accounts, MIS, Annual Financial budget / Forecast, rate cards, and decision support
- Accounting & controlling primarily consisting of Accounts Payable (vendor payments and employee reimbursements), Billing and Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets maintenance, Travel and Expense, Inter-company/inter-unit accounting and reconciliation, Statutory reporting, Statutory and Internal audits/controls, other required by law reporting
- Tax-related compliances that cover Corporate Income Tax, VAT, etc.
Your key responsibilities
- Verification and posting of business trips (domestic and foreign)
- Responding to customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards and statutory requirements through the maintenance of organized accounts and records in accordance with EY procedures
- Improving existing processes
- Closing monthly accounting periods to ensure that all information is entered into the company’s accounting ledger accurately and make corrections as needed
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to work in a virtual global organization respecting international cultures
- Good team player with ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Able to demonstrate initiative in approach to problem solving
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor degree in finance / economy
- Minimum one year experience in booking according to Polish Standards
- Knowledge of Polish Accountancy regulations
- Good command of CIT and VAT regulations necessary to perform daily duties enumerated in job description
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good English is mandatory in writing and in communication (B1/B2)
- Good working knowledge in MS office package, mainly MS Excel
- Very good interpersonal skills and communication
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.