Investor Services Officer
You will have a role in managing and coordinating Investor Services, who is a strong contributor to the strategy of the department, ensuring the overall goals of the team are met. You will provide oversight and support to managers in the area of client relationships, regulatory and risk control and change management. You will have the technical knowledge and operational leadership to manage the department managers and will ensure the team adheres to policies and procedures, providing outstanding services to our clients.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an Investor Services Manager you will
- Manage, build and develop strong client relationships, representing the Investor Services group.
- Ensure client services are met, liaising with clients on development initiatives and encouraging open client discussions.
- Resolve customers complaints that are referred by managers. Propose regular meetings with clients to obtain feedback of our services where improvements can be made to service clients better, and ensure we provide efficient, excellent client services and exceed their expectations.
- Have accountability over controls - ensuring that there is a focus on the control environment in the team. Expected to be proactive, responsible, and drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal controls and ensure regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Attend important meetings within IFS and SSIIL. Ensure messages are cascaded down to the teams. Prioritize projects and encourage regular liaisons with senior management team, provide departmental feedback on processes, client information, operational and risks control. Ensure clear and open communication within the wider Investor Services department.
- Lead project groups to understand industry regulatory impact & develop solutions and new products for our clients. Ensure a greater awareness of the risk environment within the department.
- Coordinate frequent meetings with managers and promote regular one-on-one meetings within the team. Motivate and initiate team developmental opportunities, trainings and encourage participation in mentor programs that can lead to the success of the team overall. Engage in team bonding to obtain a smooth workflow, co-operation and trust among the team, building an environment of continued learning and developmental opportunities.
- Using corporate Performance Evaluation tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Experience in working on deadlines, ability to prioritize and multi task, well-organized, efficient, sensible, mature and work calmly under pressure.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in finance and/or business related area
- 6 plus years’ experience in Fund Administration, preferable in Hedge Investor Services with at least 4 years in people and client relationships management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially in Excel.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.