Financial Accountant - Senior
Operating since 1994, this company has become the market leader within their market niche and operate with a very high-profile customer portfolio. Reporting into the Finance Manager you will manage a team of three staff and have responsibility for the accounting and accounts payable function.
As the Senior Financial Accountant, your duties will be to:
• Deliver an improved interim bank reconciliation process and liaise with the project team to ensure an automated solution is included in the systems build for the systems architecture refresh programme
• Provide a robust link between accounts and the settlement team producing clear defined communications to ensure that aged items are dealt with appropriately
• Be responsible for a business unit’s balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis and production and onward distribution of that balance sheet
• Be responsible for the maintenance and control of the online expenses tool, including setting up and managing authorisation levels and uploading expense data
• Provide back up support and deputise in absence for the finance manager as necessary, updating procedures, suggesting process improvements and working with the project team to drive a successful implementation of Microsoft Dynamics through the systems architecture refresh programme
• Support direct reports where necessary to verify, implement and maintain fit for purpose control processes.
• Audit of payment runs completed by accounts payable to ensure all supplier and employee payments are accurate and complete.
To be a successful Senior Financial Accountant you will have the following skills and experience:
• A qualified Accountant.
• IT literate.
• A strong experience of working within a high-volume data intensive business.
• The ability to build credible relationships with various internal stakeholders and have clear leadership skills that will lead a team that is well established within the business.
In return, the Senior Financial Accountant will receive a salary of up to £60,000 per annum.
If you are looking for an opportunity that is interesting and varied within a team and business that is well established, stable and growing, please apply in the strictest confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75071225