Financial Controller/ Client Accountant
Our client is a Contract Accounting, Payroll & Umbrella company based outside Ware and due to growth are recruiting a new vacancy for a New Financial Controller/ Client Accountant.
The role is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified candidate who has worked in the sector and looking for an opportunity to join a business at the beginning of an exciting period of growth.
The role offers an excellent progression plan and a option in the future to gain equity in the business!!!
- Ensure the transition of all external finance in house.
- Responsibility of all LTD company transition (external to internal)
- Responsibility of all company day to day, monthly and annual accounts.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director and assisting with any adhoc project work
- Build and recruit a team to service a growing portfolio of clients
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Ideally has worked in an Accounting Contract services business.
- Worked in a sole charge position in a SME environment.
- Strong knowledge of systems including intermediate Excel
- Strong organisation & communication skills
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Client Account duties:
- Managing a portfolio of clients consisting of Limited Companies,
- Fulfilling their accounting requirements and ensuring relevant Tax and VAT savings are applied
- Preparing year end and management accounts.
- Preparation of VAT Returns and EC Sales lists
- Company Secretarial duties updating Companies House, Stock Transfers Annual Returns and submission of Abbreviated Accounts
- Liaising with clients and ensuring a high level of relationships are maintained at all times.
- Dealing with HMRC enquires
- Offering bespoke accountancy, taxation and tax planning advice to clients.
- The preparation and completion of year-end accounts, CT600 and Corporation Tax computations
- The completion of Self-Assessment Tax returns and computations
- Co-ordination and management of payroll, VAT and administration duties
- Complying with statutory deadlines and targets
- Completion of references for visa applications, mortgages or rental properties and IR35 contract reviews
- Supporting the team with complex queries and continuously assist the team to meet the company’s overall targets
Company Accounts duties:
- Full responsibility of the purchase ledger function
- Full responsibility of sales ledger function
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash-book forecasting
- Presenting full management accounts
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Dealing with all related queries
If you are interested then please apply today