Assistant Company Accountant
Assistant Company Accountant
Up to £25,000 per annum dependant on experience
TPL Media is a leading and innovative provider of fully opted in consumer targeted data and fully permission based consumer lead generation. As an independent business, we provide our clients with flexibility, speed of service and highly cost-effective solutions to meet the most challenging business objectives. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Assistant Company Accountant.
The Assistant Company Accountant role will be to assist in the smooth running of the finance department in a fast-paced group of businesses ranging from direct marketing & data providers, call centres, claims managements to BPO and law firm (collective turnover around £25m) and in particular, Media businesses.
Your Main Duties Include:
- Sales Ledger: Checking and assessing credit worthiness, raising orders, liaising with Sales departments to ensure necessary order paperwork is completed, raising of the Sales invoices / Credit notes.
- Credit Control: Sending monthly statements, calling clients regularly to ensure timely payment of pre-agreed Credit Terms, submission of claims for any slow / late payers.
- Purchase Ledger: Raising PO’s, processing purchase invoices/credits by coding and posting, communicating with suppliers, processing the supplier payment runs.
- Petty cash.
- Bank / Credit Card: Processing all transactions for full reconciliation on a daily / weekly basis.
- Reviewing all monthly expense sheets / company credit cards.
- Cashflow management, including producing cash flow forecasts when required.
- Calculation of Sales commissions.
- Monthly Management Accounts: Inter Company, balance sheet and nominal reconciliations together with variance analysis etc as well as posting month end journals.
- Preparing and submitting VAT Returns and VAT Reconciliations in a timely manner.
- Assisting in processing of Payroll and Pensions on a monthly basis.
- Assisting with any Ad-hoc duties required for the business need.
To be considered for the Assistant Company Accountant position you will have the following experience and attributes:
- ACCA (ACA/CIMA qualified or studying with study option available).
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong verbal and written writing skills.
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Computer literate to Advanced level (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional & Sage Payroll.
- Strong personality with ability to constructively challenge a very strong sales team.
- Self-sufficient and prepared to take on any ad hoc roles as and when required in this dynamic office environment.
Assistant Company Accountant Benefits:
- Up to £25,000 per annum dependant on experience
- 20 days holiday per annum, plus 8 days bank holiday
- Central location
- A comprehensive training programme
- Fun and friendly environment
If you feel like you are suitable for the Assistant Company Accountant, please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75076310